As we revel in our success and enjoy the traditional BioBlitz champagne toast with our visitors, it’s important to remember all of the work that has gone on behind the scenes.
So here’s a big BioBlitz thank you to:
- the guides, who have tirelessly led our visitors on tours and activities throughout the event;
- the naturalists, who have given so generously of their knowledge and experience;
- the stewards, who have kept things moving and us on the straight and narrow;
- the media team, who have recorded the event in such detail and created our amazing blog;
- our hosts from the National Trust, who have been so supportive and have let us have the run of this fantastic site;
- the Bristol Regional Environmental Records Centre (BRERC), who have kept count of the species and made this a truly scientific venture;
- Matt the volunteer manager, who has made sure we’re all in the right place at the right time;
- Vicky the BioBlitz coordinator, who has made sure that we have something to do when we get there; and
- Savita, the Director of the Bristol Natural History Consortium, who has provided the vision and the enthusiasm (as well as the champagne).
And last, but by no means least, a massive thank you to everyone who has come along to the Bristol BioBlitz, whether in person or online, to get involved and to learn more about the flora, fauna and fungi that the Tyntesfield estate has to offer. Hats off to you all. It’s been truly great. An absolute pleasure.